The Art of Teaching – June 2021
Leading Wisdom Circles (Pedagogy 101)
If you have ever dreamed of leading a retreat, wisdom circle or stepping on the road to
becoming a trainer, Art of Teaching is the course for you!
12-hour certificate course live on Zoom
- Platform: 12-hour certificate course live on Zoom
- Dates: June 5-6, June 12-13
- Time: 9:00-12:30pm (Pacific Time)
Being a trainer and leading talk Yoga sessions is very different from leading a movement-based
As a new trainer, you may rightly worry about:
- making Yoga about rules as opposed to a living exploration
- being a talking head
- not having a background in education
- getting out of your depth
I’ve been teaching in a variety of contexts for my whole career, and have an MA in Education.
I’m passionate about good teaching!
In this course, you’ll learn how to:
- plan an interactive lesson that will have impact
- start each session with a high point of engagement and connection
- create an interactive atmosphere of learning in community
- make every session embodied
- address different learning styles
- design assessments that are fun and lead to even more teachable moments
- embrace the jazz of teaching – co-creating the lesson in real life with a group
- bring sessions to a satisfying conclusion and closing
- design a short course curriculum
- and much more!
Chetana has taught Pedagogy 101 for Yoga Teachers at the Toronto Yoga Conference, the
Whistler Yoga Conference and at through the Akhanda Apprenticeship and Beginning Trainers
At the end of Art of Teaching, you’ll feel excited to meet the challenge of leading groups in
discussions about Yoga wisdom that apply to their unique and busy lives, and will leave with a
plan that you’ve tested in your practicum that would fit perfectly with the retreat or course you
As a bonus, when Yoga Alliance brings forward mandatory education for aspiring YTT trainers in
Pedagogy, you’ll be ready with your 12-hour certificate in the Art of Teaching – Leading
Wisdom Circles. Eligible for YACEP credits.